We cordially invite you to join us for a critical webinar panel discussion titled “Behind the Dialogue: Confronting Egypt’s Escalating Human Rights Crisis.” This momentous event aims to throw light on the dire human rights situation in Egypt, an issue that deserves our immediate and undivided attention.
The primary objective of this seminar is to raise awareness about the gravity of the human rights violations unfolding in Egypt and to mobilize a global response to combat these atrocities. We hold the firm belief that open, candid, and insightful discussions, such as the one we propose, are integral to uncovering the harsh realities endured by Egyptians. The urgency to actively resist oppressive practices and stand up for human rights cannot be overstated.
This webinar aims to provide a nuanced understanding of the escalating curtailment of freedoms and the growing climate of repression in Egypt. It is our goal to spark an open dialogue that leads to increased awareness and more importantly, the mobilization of global action. We seek not just to inform, but to inspire change.
We have the immense honor of welcoming a distinguished panel of experts, activists, and human rights advocates. These seasoned professionals and passionate advocates are deeply committed to addressing and resolving human rights crises. Their combined wealth of knowledge and diverse perspectives promise to enrich the discourse, providing a holistic and in-depth analysis of the crisis in Egypt.
Join us in making a difference. Together, we can stand up to oppression and work towards the recognition and protection of human rights everywhere.
Our esteemed panel includes:
- Sarah Leah Whitson – Executive Director of Democracy for the Arab World Now (DAWN)
- Sara Flounders – Co-Director of the International Action Center
- Dr. Maha Azzam – Head of the Egyptian Revolutionary Council
- Dina Sadek – Mideast Research Fellow at Digital Forensic Research Lab
- Abdelrahman ElGendy – Egyptian Writer and Activist
- Amr Waked- Egyptian Actor
- Ramy Shaath – Egyptian-Palestinian Rights Activist
- Mohamed Ismail – Director of Egyptians Abroad For Democracy
- Missy Crutchfield- Co-Founder and Co-Editor of Be Magazine
- Albane de Rochebrune- Journalist
The Moderator: Melissa Turner– Co-Founder and Co-Editor of BeMagazine
Date and Time:
Friday | June 16, 2023
18:00 UK Time Zone|13:00 Washington DC Time Zone| 20:00 KSA Time Zone|17:00 GMT
Register: [email protected]