With a focus on the disturbing reality in Palestine, the Arab Organisation for Human Rights in the UK extends the invitation an urgent webinar. The discussion is set to delve into the escalating systematic repression instigated by the Palestinian Authority against activists, university students, and former Palestinian prisoners. This pressing issue is significantly affecting freedom of expression, a fundamental human right that we are firmly committed to safeguarding.
Under the Israeli occupation’s shadow, Palestinians persistently endure severe human rights violations and crimes against humanity. This plight is further complicated by a recent wave of arrests conducted by the Palestinian Authority, deepening the hardships endured by the people and underscoring the urgency of their predicament.
The webinar will shine a light on this alarming surge in arrests, a result of the collaborative security measures undertaken by the Palestinian Authority and the Israeli occupation. This cooperative effort not only infringes upon Palestinian rights but also exacerbates their daily struggles. Furthermore, the Palestinian Authority’s silence and lack of action in response to the ongoing Israeli violations, including the expansion of settlements and the tragic loss of innocent lives, raise serious concerns.
In these tumultuous times, we encourage you to join us in this crucial conversation as we strive to bring these abuses into the spotlight and work towards a resolution.
- Bill Law – the editor of Arab Digest and former Middle East and North Africa analyst for the BBC
- Ubai Al-Aboudi – the Executive Director of Bisan Center for Research and Development
- Omar Shakir– Israel and Palestine Director at Human Rights Watch
- Adam Shapiro– Director of Advocacy for Israel-Palestine at DAWN
- Muhannad Karaja – Palestinian Lawyer and Member of Lawyers for Justice
- Rula Jamal– Head of Monitoring and Documentation at Al-Haq
Date and Time:
Friday | 28th July 2023
18:00 (UK time)
13:00 (Washington DC time)
For registration please contact: [email protected]