Complaints from the detainees of Wadi Al-Natrun Prison Liman, as the detainees are subjected to various violations, abuses while a number of them are now lying sick between life and death without the slightest medical care.
Continuous inspection of cells:
The detainees suffer inhuman searches 3 times a week, in which the prison guards break into cells, destroying its contents, and confiscating all belongings except for one blanket.
In addition to cutting off water from the cells throughout the day, which poses a significant health risk, especially in light of the Coronavirus epidemic.
The guards routinely Insult the detainees and their families during visitation, assaulting their families, preventing most food and drinks, and preventing the entry of clothes and blankets of all kinds despite the cold weather.
The food given to the detainees is usually out of date and molded. The consumption of it may lead to health problems such as the cases of food poisoning that appear amongst the prison detainees, in the complete absence of any control over the prison food distribution system, as vegetables are routinely stolen and sold for prison currency when it is the basic right of every detainee.
Those who resort to the cafeteria food are surprised by the doubling of the prices, and the manipulation of purchase bills to steal the largest amount of money possible without registering it in the prison records.
File of treatment and medication in prison:
Wadi al-Natrun has 440 prisons with a notorious medical file, and nearly 60 citizens are now in critical condition without any treatment procedure.
The administration prohibits access for the treatment of detainees, whether from the prison hospital or from families on visits, despite the presence of a large number of patients with chronic diseases.
A number of the prisoners were also beaten and insulted by a notorious prison doctor, “Ahmed Suleiman,” and any protection tools from the Corona epidemic were confiscated by the prison guards in clear contempt for human rights.
Citizens awaiting treatment or death:
- Yousef Muhammad Al-Shater, 25, suffers from constant nosebleeds, and a swollen nose that requires surgery.
- Kamal Salah Mohamed, 55, suffers from coronary heart failure, and suffered several strokes in prison.
- Abdel-Aal Hussein Abdel-Aal, 60 years old, lost vision in the left eye, and had a tumor in the lymph gland.
- Muhammad Shafei lost his sight completely in his prison.
- Saleh Mansour lost his sight completely in his prison.
- Hamdi Hussein, 62 years old, suffered from coronary heart failure and continuous strokes.
- Hassan Al-Samman, 58 years old, suffered from coronary heart failure, and was exposed to continuous strokes.
- Mukhtar Mahmoud Al-Amin, paraplegic after being after being struck in the spine by the investigation officer, “Muhammad Ashmawi.”
- Muhammad Ahmad Muhammad Abu al-Ezz, severe bleeding, and the liver turned into cancerous foci, and he suffers death.
- Fadl Ali Abdul Sattar, 65, has cirrhosis and constant bleeding.
- Muhammad Faraj Ali, 60 years old, bleeding under the conjunctiva (eye).
And others who have damaged their health in prison, such as citizen Muhammad Ahmed Muhammad Abd al-Latif, who suffers due to the negligence of an investigation officer, and now he is in Shebin Hospital between life and death.