ALIA ABDEL NOUR
VICTIM OF MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE IN ABU DHABI’S PRISONS
How did the UAE regime kill Alia Abdel Nour:
- Alia Abdel Nour Muhammad Abdel Nour (born November 20, 1977) was arrested on July 29, 2015 from her home in Ajman.
- For four months, Alia was subjected to enforced disappearance and physical and psychological torture to extract confessions.
- She was presented before the Public Prosecution without the presence of a lawyer for the first time in December 2015, after which she was transferred to Al-Wathba prison in Abu Dhabi.
- February 2016 was the first time her family were permitted to visit her in prison.
- In August 2016, she was first admitted into Al-Mafraq Governmental Hospital in Abu Dhabi, but the hospital was not equipped to deal with her medical condition, thus she suffered medical negligence.