On Thursday, January 6, 2022, two Palestinian youths were killed in two separate Israeli attacks in the occupied West Bank.
Palestinian young man Bakir Hashash was shot dead at dawn Thursday after the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) violently stormed Balata refugee camp in the east of Nablus City, amid heavy use of gunfire.
Bakir Hashash was immediately rushed to Rafidia aboard an ambulance, where he breathed his last.
The IOF frequently storms different areas of the West Bank on a daily basis, making arrests, clashing with local youths, raiding homes, terrorizing families and blocking roads.
Meanwhile, another Palestinian young man was killed after an Israeli settler driving at a high speed ran him over as he was walking to his workplace within the Green Line.
The victim was identified as 25-year-old Mustafa Filna, a father of a 16-month-old child from Safa village in the west of Ramallah City.
One of his relatives said that at six o’clock in the morning, Mustafa was crossing a road when a speeding settler car hit him and fatally wounded him, adding that he was going to his work.
Last month has seen an escalation of settler attacks against several Palestinian villages in the Nablus Governorate, where Israeli forces did not intervene to stop the attacks in most cases, and often actively joined in.
The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said that from January to November 2021, Israeli settlers carried out 427 attacks in the West Bank, including Occupied Jerusalem.
There are more than 300 illegal settlements in the West Bank, which Israel occupied in 1967. More than 666,000 Jewish settlers make life more difficult for Palestinians living under the occupation.