The Saudi authorities have detained approximately 60 Palestinians visiting or residing in Saudi Arabia, including students, academics and businessmen.
Among them were 81-year-old Palestinian national Dr. Mohammed al-Khudari and his son Dr. Hani al-Khudari, 48, who were brought before the Specialised Criminal Court (SCC), Saudi Arabia’s counter-terror court, as part of a mass trial on trumped-up charges under anti-terrorism laws on 8 March, 2020.
Dr. Mohammed al-Khudari suffers from prostate cancer, and was recovering from surgery when arrested. He also has a catheter in his bladder. Since his detention, he has been denied adequate medical care – and the conditions in which he is being held are only further damaging his health.
In response to this travesty of justice, Arab Organisation for Human Rights in the UK (AOHR UK) organises an online seminar to discuss the plight of al-Khudari and other detainees in Saudis Arabia prisons, we would be delighted if you could join the seminar and share your thoughts on what should be done to put pressure on the regime to release them.
• Nick. J. Rahall – American Former Congressman, politician and member of the Democratic Party
• Sue Willman – Human Rights Committee Chair of the Law Society and Assistant Director of the King’s College Legal Clinic
• Haydee Dijkstal – International Counsel for Dr. Mohammed al-Khudari
• Nicholas Squires – Solicitor
• Linda Mansour – Attorney
• Raed Jarrar – Arab-American political analyst and advocate
Date and time:
Wednesday | 13 October 2021 | 6:00 pm (GMT+1)
Join us via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 850 1550 0706