Recent weeks have seen an unprecedented rise in Israeli violence in the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem, including extrajudicial killings, arbitrary arrests, attacks on Palestinian gatherings and funerals, and severe restrictions on Palestinian Muslims’ and Christians’ religious rites.
Since the start of the year, more than 50 Palestinians were killed, while hundreds more were injured with live shots and tear gas bombs during Israeli raids into al-Aqsa Mosque or Palestinian towns and villages.
The most heart-breaking moment was the murder of the Palestinian iconic journalist Shireen Abu Akleh who was shot and killed by the Israeli occupation forces on Wednesday, May 11, 2022, while conducting her journalistic duty covering the Israeli storming of Jenin refugee camp in the West Bank.
Abu Akleh was clearly wearing a press jacket that identifies her as a journalist when she was deliberately and directly shot near her ear in an area not covered by the helmet she was wearing.
However, ICC Prosecutor, Karim A.A. Khan QC, made no action against these Israeli systematic and escalated crimes. Israeli officials, who are clearly and directly involved in war crimes against Palestinians, are still enjoying complete impunity.
In this regard, Arab Organisation for Human Rights in the UK invites you to attend an online panel to discuss the possible ways to pressure the International Criminal Court to move seriously to hold Israeli officials accountable.
- Norman Finkelstein – American political scientist, activist, former professor, and author
- Mohamed Jamil – Chairman of AOHR UK
- Philippe Leruth – Former President of the IFJ
- Gilles Devers – French lawyer and academic.
- Mouin Rabbani – Dutch-Palestinian Middle East analyst specialicing in the Arab-Israeli conflict and Palestinian affairs
- Bill Law -The Editor of Arab Digest- Former BBC’s Gulf affairs analyst.
- Lina Abu Akleh– Shireen Abu Akleh’s niece
- Dr. Bilal Shobaki– Head of the Political Sciences Department in Hebron University
Date and Time:
Thursday | May 19, 2022 | 17:00 (London Timing)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 881 5411 4790