Arab Organisation for Human Rights in the UK (AOHR UK) has composed a message, endorsed by over 80 scholars, representatives, and legal specialists, requesting the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Karim Khan, to progress the Palestinian case from the point left by his predecessor, Fatou Bensouda.
This message highlights the escalating severity of Israeli offences against Palestinians, who have been striving for justice and equity for decades against those infringing their fundamental rights.
The note encourages the Prosecutor to assert a brave and audacious position against forces, prominently the United States and Britain, that is hampering the Prosecutor’s investigations to safeguard the culprits of these crimes in Palestine. This is particularly alarming as these countries vehemently back investigations in other nations such as Ukraine.
In light of this, AOHR UK cordially invites you to a webinar titled “The ICC Must Step Up: Justice for Palestinians Awaits”. This webinar, featuring numerous experts and activists advocating for Palestinian rights, aims to discuss potential strategies to persuade the International Criminal Court to undertake concrete measures towards ensuring justice for the Palestinian people.
- Mohamed Jamil – Chairman of AOHR UK
- Kirsten Bayes – Local Outreach Co-ordinator of Campaign Against Arms Trade (CAAT)
- Mark Seddon – Director Centre for UN Studies, University of Buckingham and former Speechwriter for UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
- Dr. Nadia Najab- Senior lecturer in Palestine Studies, University of Exeter
- Dr Ramzy Baroud – Palestinian-American Journalist and the Editor of The Palestine Chronicle
- Sarah Wilkinson – Pro-Palestinian activist from the UK
- Dr Ralph Wilde- Associate Professor at Faculty of Laws / UCL
Date and Time:
Tuesday | June 13, 2023
at 18:00 UK Time Zone|13:00 Washington DC Time Zone| 20:00 KSA Time Zone|17:00 GMT
Register: [email protected]