In light of the recent surge in violent incidents and oppressive actions by Israeli authorities, particularly those spearheaded by Itamar Ben Gvir, the Arab Organisation for Human Rights in the UK finds it imperative to convene an urgent and vital webinar. The immediacy of these troubling events has left us with no choice but to act swiftly in organizing this crucial online gathering.
Key Objectives of the Webinar
The webinar aims to delve into two critical areas of concern:
- The Grim Reality for Palestinian Prisoners:
The webinar will focus on the harrowing conditions that Palestinian prisoners are subjected to in Israeli detention facilities. This segment aims to shed light on the human rights abuses that are rampant in these jails, from inhumane living conditions to the denial of basic legal and medical services.
- The Surge in Violence in Occupied Territories:
The webinar will also scrutinize the escalating violence, including killings and assaults, perpetrated by Israeli occupation forces and settlers. This is particularly prevalent in the West Bank and other territories currently under Israeli occupation.
By addressing these urgent issues, the webinar seeks to inform, educate, and spur action among both policymakers and the general public. Given the gravity of the situation, your expertise and advocacy in this area would be invaluable contributions to this urgent discourse.
We invite you to join us in this crucial conversation as we aim to bring these pressing human rights issues to the forefront of international awareness and action.
- Ken Roth – American attorney, human rights activist, and writer
- Bill Law – Editor of Arab Digest and former MENA analyst for the BBC
- Sahar Francis – Advocate and director of Addameer
- Rula Shadeed – Advocacy & Programme Director at PIPD
- Zarefah Baroud – Digital Media Associate with American Muslims for Palestine
- Aseel AlBajeh –Legal Researcher and Advocacy Officer at Al-Haq
🗓️ Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
⏰ Time: 17:00 UK time / 19:00 KSA time / 12:00 Washington DC time
🖥️ Platform: Zoom