In the light of ongoing genocide and relentless suffering in the Gaza Strip, and the comprehensive ban imposed by the Israeli occupation on all essentials of life, including humanitarian aid and medical supplies, the Rafah crossing remains closed as of October 7.
This closure exacerbates the crisis, particularly with the collapse of the health sector in Gaza, leaving the wounded and critically ill unable to seek treatment outside the Strip.
To address this dire situation, Arab Organisation for Human Rights in the UK (AOHR UK) is organising an online webinar. The objective of this event is twofold: firstly, to shed light on the severe and distressing conditions faced by the residents of Gaza, and secondly, to deliberate on viable and effective strategies that could facilitate the full reopening of the Rafah crossing.
The reopening is crucial for the uninterrupted flow of humanitarian aid into the region and for enabling the evacuation of those in desperate need of medical care outside the Strip. This webinar is a call to action, aimed at rallying support and finding practical solutions to alleviate the ongoing humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip.
- Dr. Lola Bañon- Professor of Journalism in the Department of Philology and Communication at Valencia University
- Mohamed Ismail – Director of Egyptians Abroad for Democracy
- Sarah Wilkinson – English Activist and Campaigner, Member of Global Conscience Convoy
- Dr. Şükrü Yorulmaz – Head of Disaster and Emergency Medical Department, Türkiye Ministry of Health
- Dr. Noa Shaindlinger- Assistant Professor of Middle East History at the Department of History and Political Science at Worcester State University
- SQ – American Activists and Youtuber, owner of YouTube Channel WayofLifeSQc
- Kyle Renton – British Writer and Activist
- Nadia Hararah- Palestinian American Activist
- Mohamed Jamil- AOHR UK Chairman
Date and Time:
Friday | 08 December 2023
16:00 UK Time | 11:00 New York Time