Shortly after suspending and dissolving the parliament and adding new amendments to the constitution targeting the judiciary independence, the Tunisian President Kais Saied strengthened his grip of power.
Saied recently launched a new arrest campaign against prominent activists and media and political figures, some of whom were brought before military courts in a serious setback of the Tunisian revolution achievements.
In this regard, Arab Organisation for Human Rights in the UK invites you to participate in a webinar to shed light on the human rights situation in Tunisia and to discuss possible ways to defend the rule of law and protect the democratic path the Tunisian people have struggled to achieve for more than a decade.
- Moncef Marzouki – Former President of the Republic of Tunisia
- Dr. Elie Hatem – French Lebanese Lawyer and Politician
- Consultant Jean Claude – Expert at International and Political Relations
- Dr. Siham Badi – Former Minister of Women’s Affairs
- Emiliano Abramo – Member of Asylum Applications Committee in Catania / Italy
Date and Time:
Tuesday | 04 April 2023 | 14:00 London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 810 2169 5645