Arab Organisation for Human Rights in the UK (AOHR UK) invites you to our forthcoming webinar: “Gaza Amidst Rafah Closure and UNRWA Aid Cuts” Set for Thursday, February 8, this pivotal event is designed to spotlight the severe challenges facing over 2 million civilians in Gaza due to the closure of the Rafah crossing and recent aid reductions to UNRWA by certain countries. Such measures have inflicted widespread hardship, effectively amounting to collective punishment. Additionally, they make the already dire situation worse, especially in light of the ongoing genocide by Israeli occupation forces.
In an era where raising awareness and fostering advocacy are paramount, our webinar aims to unite global voices to examine these pressing issues and formulate effective strategies for advocacy and support.
Join us as we navigate the complexities of Gaza’s humanitarian crisis and discuss collaborative measures to remedy this dire situation. Your involvement is key to bolstering the call for justice and extending much needed support to Gaza’s populace.
Your engagement in this discussion is vital in amplifying our collective voice for justice and humanitarian support.
Featuring a panel of esteemed speakers:
- Prof Dan Kovalik- American Professor and Human Rights Lawyer.
- Dr Lex Takkenberg- Senior Advisor with Arab Renaissance for Democracy and Development.
- Alicia Koutsoulieris- Communications Director at Partners for Palestine.
- Sara Flounders- Co-Director of the International Action Center.
- Chris Gunness- Former Chief Spokesperson for UNRWA.
- Syed Ibrahim Syed Noh- Chairman, Malaysian Parliament Caucus for Palestine.
- Colin Cooper– Member of Scottish Friends of Palestine
- Dr. Ali Fuat Gökçe– Professor of Political Science
- Richard Boyd Barrett- Member of the Irish Parliament.
- Paul Murphy- Member of the Irish Parliament.
- Mohamed Jamil- Chairman of AOHR UK
Date and Time:
Thursday February 8, 2024 – 17:00 London Time | 12:00 New York Time