Despite global calls to provide urgent aid to rescue Syrians trapped under the rubble of the earthquake that hit northern Syria, none of the rescue teams or machines needed to remove the rubble arrived.
Ironically, the international community was preoccupied with useless political discussions, while a humanitarian crisis was taking place.
The failure of rescue teams and humanitarian aid to arrive in a timely manner exacerbated the disaster, raised the death toll to more than 3,000, and left thousands of people without a shelter, including children, women and the elderly.
In this regard, Arab Organisation for Human Rights in the UK invites you to participate in a webinar on the tragic suffering of the Syrians that was doubled by the war, siege, and the recent humanitarian catastrophe that struck the region.
Discussions of possible means for delivering the necessary aid to prevent exacerbating the disaster will also take place in the webinar.
- Salima Yenbou – Member of the European Parliament
- Edmund Ghareeb – Professor of International Relation at Georgetown University/ Washington
- Gabriel Sawma – Professor of Middle East Studies at Fairleigh Dickinson University, Former Member of President Trump’s Advisory Board (2016-2020)
- Nabeel Khoury – Former Director of the Bureau of Intelligence and Research, Department of State
- Tom Harb – American Analyst and former Co-Chair of the American Mideast Coalition for Democracy
- Farouq Habib– Deputy Director of the White Helmets
- Robert S. Ford- Former United States Ambassador to Syria
- Raed Al-Saleh – Director of the White Helmets
Date and Time:
Wednesday 15th February 2023 | 17:00 London Timing
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 852 7631 1229