For 47 days, Israeli forces unleashed what is deemed their most atrocious assault yet on the Gaza Strip. This onslaught was marked by acts of genocide, ethnic cleansing, forced displacement, and other crimes against humanity. These acts plunged the Palestinians into a second, devastating ordeal, mirroring the severity and horror of the 1948 catastrophe.
The toll of this relentless aggression was staggering: 14,128 lives lost, including 5,840 children, 3,920 women, 205 medical personnel, and 62 journalists. Further, 33,000 individuals sustained grave injuries, exacerbated by the acute shortage of essential medical supplies, equipment, and trained medical staff. The siege by Israeli forces left more than 6,800 people unaccounted for, trapped under debris or with their bodies unrecoverable from the streets.
The Israeli bombardment forced an exodus of 1.7 million Palestinians, who had to abandon their homes. The attacks led to the devastation of 26 hospitals and 55 health centres.
In light of these events, the Arab Organisation for Human Rights in the UK (AOHR UK) extends an invitation to a webinar discussing the legal measures available to confront Israeli aggression and the genocide perpetrated by the occupiers against defenceless civilians in the Gaza Strip. This webinar will feature a panel of distinguished international legal experts.
- Dr. Ralph Wilde – Academic and Expert in Public International Law
- Prof Triestino Mariniello– Prof of Law at Liverpool John Moores University and Member of the Legal Team representing Gaza victims Before the ICC
- Sara Elizabeth Dill – Partner at Anethum Global specialising in international criminal law and human rights
- Bruce Fein- Former Associate Deputy Attorney
- Prof Gabriel Sawma- Professor of International Law and Former Member of President Trump’s Advisory Board
- Diala Chehade- International Criminal Law Expert
- Bruce Delvalle- Constitutional Law Expert
- Mohamed Jamil- AOHR UK Chairman
Date and Time:
Wednesday, 22 November 2023
17:00 UK Time – 12:00 New York Time